Bicycle - Day 4 Love the Chinook!
T'was a cool one this morning, hovering around -10C. I forgot to put on my neck warmer and at one point I was very close to stopping/slowing right down because my chin and neck were so freaking cold. Seriously. But I had to tell myself not to be so lame: "suck it up man!" that's what I kept repeating to myself. By the time I was riding this afternoon, it was a balmy +4C and things were slushy, wet and dirty -- including me!Other than that it was the standard route to the office this morning. The gauntlet was surprisingly mellow this morning, must have been my timing. I was a few minutes earlier than normal and I must have hit that sweet spot between the 7am and 7:30am rush, oh yeah!
I took a longer meandering way home today. I had class at SAIT this afternoon so I went home via 22 St. NW via Scarboro via Marda Loop. My pants and shoes got really, really dirty but it was pretty good ride home, traffic was starting to get heavy through Marda Loop, I'm glad I wasn't going through there in the thick of rush hour.
Totals for today (round trip): 22km; 1hr(approx.); Physical: all good; Mental: nothing out of the ordinary, traffic was starting to get stressful on the way home for a bit but other than that, smooth sailing...
Camera
I still haven't been able to figure out what I'm going to do about video taping my whole experience... I may end up buying a cool Samsung camera which comes with a point-of-view/hemlet camera -- sweet! Only thing is it's about $500. Ouch. I have to figure it out this week, time is starting to become an issue.
Labels: Bicycle