Calgary Commuting Culture

Bicycle - Day 5 more slop, let the Olympics begin!

Much warmer this morning (-4C) and I actually overdressed -- a pleasant change from the previous morning. The Commuter Olympian passed just after I got started and we traded positions all the way to City Hall! Turns out he's an employee of the City as well, who wudda' thunk? I laid it to him on the hills (as usaul) and I thought I had dropped him, but as I was heading into the the hairiest section of the gauntlet, he came up behind me and took me wide on a right hand turn onto 9th Ave. SW?!? I couldn't let that go... I bombed by him on the straight stretch up to the next turn and then dropped him again only to meet him a moment later at the bike cage as I finished locking up. I'm going to have to find out his name. Needless to say, my ride in was speedy primarily because I was playing keep away with the Commuter Olympian.

The way home was a bit more hectic. I had to go to The Camera Store to see if they could help me get my helmet cam working. They couldn't :( There was lots of traffic in the Beltline with tons of spray and water coming off the road. Most of it hit my pants and shoes but I could feel the filth of the road spraying onto my face throughout my ride. Yuck.

Overall, the stress level was a bit higher today because I was riding in traffic more than I was used to...

Here's the stats for today, 15km (round trip); 50min(approx.); Physical all good; A bit more stressful than usual but nothing that made me want to rage!!

Tomorrow's weather doesn't look good, not sure if I am going to ride or not.

Labels: