Bicycle - Day 6 finally a camera!
I figured out a rental camera to hook up with my borrowed helmet cam and today I actually got some video! My camera froze up in both directions, but I think there should be some footage that is usable in there. I was hoping to get some video up tonight but I had some freelance/consultant work roll in so I won't be able to get anything up until the weekend sometime.The ride in this morning was pretty good, a couple of absent-minded drivers made the first 3 minutes quite interesting. First one was a driver turning left as I was crossing 58th Ave. SW and 5th St. After being hit by a car in a very similar situation 7 years ago, I really don't trust drivers very much, especially when they're turning left. Second one, which happened about 30 seconds after the the first car cut me off was an elderly woman who was trying to turn left on to 5th St. and was creeping quite far into my lane. She didn't make any sudden movements but I was very aware of her. Again I don't trust cars at all. I assume they're trying to kill me. Overall though it was nothing too alarming, I was paying attention so I easily avoided disaster, but good thing I had my wits about me! Weather was decent but still cool enough to freeze up my camera, oh well. The gauntlet was mellow, much like Tuesday (I think it was Tuesday) I seemed to hit the sweet spot with a lull between rushes.
I took a long way home just so I could capture some better scenery. I hit the Bow River pathway and pedaled down to the Crowchild/Sunalta rail crossing then cut up through Scarboro the on to Marda Loop then across the dam at the reservoir then home - 12km. easy spin with the grunt of a climb up the Scarboro hill!
Here's the dets on today's ride: 19km (round trip); 1hr 10min; Physical exertion was a bit more than usual but nothing that made me hurt; Mental was good, except for the bad drivers this morning (see above)
Labels: Bicycle