Deerfoot trail commute!
We thought it would be a good idea to brave Deefoot trail during rush hour. We also thought it would be a bit of a disaster, but it turned out to be not so bad. Kelly and I took Memorial Drive out of Downtown to Deerfoot Trail at about 4:15 p.m. on Monday. Kelly was driving and I was filming. It was a gorgeous day out, and we didn't have any trouble getting out of downtown. We almost missed the turn off to Deerfoot but squeezed in the cue just in time. All was well!!There was definitely heavy traffic heading North on Deerfoot, but it seemed to be moving quite smoothly. We listened to the traffic update on the radio and there was no problems, so things moved quite nicely. But I was amazed at the volumes at that time of day. There was a steady stream of cars both in front and behind us. One thought we would never get to Beddington Trail, but like I said traffic flow was at a pretty good pace. Must have been a slow day on the roads, or maybe because it was Monday. Who knows!! We had a really decent drive. No problems, no stresses, no worries, and no accidents!! So that is good. I could only imagine what a disaster it would be with and accident or a stall and Deerfoot, and now I know why the traffic reports always mention accidents and such. It would be hard not to notice something like this on the busiest road in Calgary. It's easy to understand and see how congested things can get out there on the roads, especially that one. I couldn't imagine that drive in the winter on slippery roads. Oh God!!
I forgot how incredibly car sick I get. And I get car sick in one of two ways, either on a bus, or as a passenger in a vehicle. The reason I get sick is because of all the stopping and going. I was practically white after the drive with Kelly, not to mention that I had to film while I was a passenger. Yikes not too good! I had to stop filming once we got to Beddington, or I was going to have to get Kelly to pull over. Besides all the juicy bits happened on Deerfoot anyway, the rest of the drive was smooth sailing and not busy at all. Kelly did mention to get a very dirty look from an angry pedestrian that thought Kelly was going to run her over while crossing at a light. She got the evil alright, it was pretty funny! Anwyays, that's about all for now!
Labels: Car