Calgary Commuting Culture

Bicycle - Day 9 and 10 summary

I rode Friday and I rode today (Monday) and there is nothing much to report. Standard route with decent weather all around. The only notable event was commuting in this morning I had to play "bob and weave" with two giant dump-trucks who happened to be turning left on to McLeod Tr. from 9th Ave. SE, which is right where I make my final turn to work (tail end of the gauntlet). It was very noisy and kind of stressful, but I kept my wits about me and made sure I knew where the dump-trucks were at all times (they're kind of hard to miss). I pick up my helmet camera tomorrow, this really has to do the trick or else I'm f'ed. I'm curious to see what kind of format I will get on the Flash Card, hopefully mpeg... life will be much easier if it's mpeg.

Two days of riding = 40km; 2hrs; nice weather; minimal physical effort; lots of time to think while commuting on quiet bike paths ;)

Labels: