Rush Hour Commuting!!
Like Kelly, I rarely ever hit rush hour traffic, because a) I rarely travel downtown and b) the times when I commute are after or before rush hour begins. Yesterday we braved the rush hour commute from Westhills to my house in Scenic Acres (Northwest). We were northern bound at about 5 p.m., oh yes, we were in the thick of it. Not as bad as I imagined it would be, but still nothing that you'd want to face everday after a long day at work. Seemed OK for just one day, but as our backseat passenger put it . . . imagine doing this everyday with a family and a busy life to come home to. Then it clicked. Yes this would get tiresome and annoying.It was pretty backed up on Crowchild as we neared downtown and it stayed this way until the university. There was some action, which we were pathetically hoping for (we weren't hoping for any bad action, like a horrible car collision or anything). There was an accident, and it was a little confusing as to what the protocol is when there is back to back cars and ambulances, firetrucks, and cop cars are trying to get through. It was pretty funny, because there was three of us in the car and not one of us knew whether to pull over right or to pull over left. It was a bit intense for a brief moment. The accident, and all the commotion, didn't interfere with the traffic flow at all really, and it looked like a minor fender bender. By the time we drove by everyone was on the meridian, so all was well. We made pretty good time, a lot better than I expected. All in all it only took about a 1/2 hour, to go from Westhills to Scenic Acres. I'm sure others have it a lot worse.
All in all a pretty mild day I would say. Then again it was Monday, I've seen it way worse at 3 p.m. on a Friday afternoon when everyone is eager to get home and get their weekend started.
Labels: Car