Smash-up Derby!
My joballows me to miss alot of the weekend traffic. I am driving at 5:45am, and on occasion I run the red lightby my house because the timed sensor just takes too long to switch my light to green. Some times I will sit as the light for a few minutes and not one car will drive by. I have been late for work on account of it, sometimes.How did I manage to not get into any fender benders while there was fresh snow and minus 35 degree weather? And as soon as it truns nice out (nice meaning above -10) I end up hitting a car on my way home from work. I should not that before my actual accident I managed to pull our of doing a near 360 turning from Sarcee south bound onto 33rd Ave east. It happened quite slowly and there was nothing that I could do. I can remember looking around making sure that there was nobody coming and I could see the card infront of me watching through their reaview mirrors. Adreniline was pumping and I felt an urgency to get home and off the streets dispite the beautiful weather.
The Next Block. With my urge to get home and the adreniline pumping I made a concious effort to slow down. As I was taking the corner (one block from my house) I put the car in second to approach the corner with causion. But it apparently wan't enough because my car kepr sliding straight toward traffic stopped at the light heading the other direction. Only after I was able to straighted my wheels so that I wouldn't bend or break my axle and jump the maridian did I hit the rear door of the other car. There isn't much damage to mine or the other driver's car. Thankfully nobody was hurt. It just mostly sucks. I love my car, and I love driving my car.
I should note that when I got home my roommate told me she had done a 36o in the exact same spot that I got in an accident. She called the city to report the dangerous intersection. They told her that there are a lot of potentially dangerous intersections around the city and that they would be able to look at all of them but appriciated the call.
Labels: Car