Calgary Commuting Culture

Bicycle - Day 8 back at it!

So my borrowed helmet camera is f'ed. I had no time to get any video footage edited this weekend due to a nasty illness that laid me out flat for about 30 hours straight (still lingering in fact), but all that considered I'm feeling good! I've ordered a camera which will be here next week and then I will capture video like it's going out of style! The camera is called "HelmetCam Pro" and it's made by a company called GoPro. The dealio with this thing is it's actually a still camera which can also shoot about an hour of decent quality video on a Flash Memory Card. This means no cables, no moving parts, sweet! I'm really hoping I can pull some good footage together next week and over the next little while... here's hoping the weather holds.

I rode today for the first time this week, beautiful day! Only about -4C this morning, through my standard route which was quite mellow, gauntlet was hectic but brief, nothing exceptional. About 25 minutes to get to work.

Way home was sunny, breezy and super mellow. I am still feeling a bit under the weather so I didn't have much juice in my legs but the route home was super mellow. About 30 minutes to get home via the Stampede Grounds/Elbow River pathway. Overall, good day. No stress, no close calls, just spinning my legs and thinking things over...

Thee Stats --- 16km (round trip); 50min ride time; good weather both directions, especially considering it's February; physical effort was fairly minimal, I was just happy to be on my bike; no stress today at all!

Labels: