Calgary Commuting Culture

Busy Busy!

The Routes:
Morning: To kensington and back about 25 minutes of bus time ansd 15 mintutes waiting for the bus and 10 minutes walking.
Afternoon: To Chinook Mall and back. 40 minutes on the Bus and 60 minutes on the C-Train and 10 mintues walking.
Evening: To Downtown, 25 mintues by bus and 10 minutes walking.

The Experience:
Yesterday was BUSY! Everything went fairly smoothly in all three trips. However during the morning trip I was impatient when waiting for my return bus and decided to walk to the next stop only to be passed by the very bus I was waiting for!!! How annoying, but entirely my fault, so I had to wait 10 minutes for a different bus to come and then had to walk five blocks instead of two. OH well, sometimes it pays off to run ahead to a stop where there are more buses to catch but not yesterday!
The train was busy yesterday too. Though I did come back through downtown after 5:00PM so that is to be expected. But it was not too crowded considering most people's work ended less than an hour previously. I didn't feel crushed like I have on other late afternoon trips.

The Highlight:
Yesterday it woud have to be the nice man who pushed the open door button for me as I got off the train. A very smple act but one he definitely did not need to take. It practically made my day!

How I Feel:
It was a hectic day and didnt run especially smoothly, but then again nothing really went wrong for the amount of time I spent commuting (3 hours and 20 mintues!)... I give it a 8 out of 10!

Labels: